Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys not sure if this is the area to post this but let me know if not and where.

I just got a new pc with windows XP and im tryng to save pictures from the internet (cd album covers to then print for cd labeling) anyway the problem is that it doesnt work. Hers what i used to do with win 2000:
go to amazon.com or allmusic etc, find the album cover picture, enlarge if possible for better pic quality, then right click over image, then "save picture as", then either as art or bitmap whatever and save to desktop folder. then i would just go there and it would give me a preview of the pic and then i would open the cd labeling software so that i can open the pic to it and print. easy enough right/ well it will do everything on XP as i mentioned above, except thqat when i go to the folder that the picture is in, the picture is there but it wont open with anything. it even says preview not available. i know the the sample pictures XP come with, do preview and open as well. So my question is, how do i get these pictures to open with XP after saved from internet? thanks for the help or where i may find it. John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is the problem though, PICTURES WONT SAVE AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN EITHER .ART OR .BMP. in otherwords, those are the only two options i can choose before i save. no jpeg or gif. any solutions? thanks j

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im using aol and it still wont give me the option of jpeg or gif. all it shows is .art and bitmap. with bmp i cant convert or even get to come up after DL. any suggestions? thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.