Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems opening a file on a cd. everytime i double click on it i get a message stating:
D;| is not accessible.
incorret function
can anyone help me get this open
i also tried to open this same cd on window ME and it worked.
Please advise

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
open case...seat cables...

pay attention if turning off or removing accessories stops it...do you have dual CD roms...(burner and regular) does it work in there...spend some $ on a power supply (man I am replacing alot of power supplys -but bad power hurts)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no dual cd

i am using a laptop a compaq armada 7400 so power supply isnt working and i dont know what you mean by accessories please advise
thanks o

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
What do you mean P/S is nt working...you using battery ...is it losing its charge???

Is the CD removable...remove it check for bet pins or problems with the connections....

by accessories I mean ...NIC's modems and anything else you add in...if your power supply isnt working sounds like there could be other issues

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cd cant read the cd

Sorry i meant i am using power supply so that wouldnt be the issue.
Yes it is a removable cd reader and i have checked the pins on it. I am also able to play audio cd on it and re install windows 2000 off of it but that is it.
i am lost as to what to do next..
there is no other issues going on
thanks O

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Is the cd you are trying to open files from an original cd or is it a "burned" cd?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
its a reader or a reader/writer...some older readers will have problems...heck some older reader/writers with burned CD's ...did it work before...

My plextor 8/4/32 is doing the same thing....and thats what i burned it on...wating for RW DVD to go mainstream and down in $$ to replace it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.