Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been able to open "display" to set screen saver, monitor shutdown, etc. since I shut those things down to play Wolfenstein without interruptions during an extended pause. I tried system restore with no results other than scaring myself.
There may or may not be any connection with the game. I know the game needed to be run in windows 95 (I am running xp) and I think some settings in display were changed to run the game. I thought of deleting the game but I'm not done with it yet and I had to return the disc to the library.
I tried several things to get this function back, but it's beyond my limited abilities. Thanks in advance.
Ladd [email protected]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Try booting to "safe mode" . . . and adjusting your screen settings.

Reboot - press F8 just before Windows starts.

If it will boot normally in save mode, you should be able to recapture control.

Jon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I tried opening display in safe mode with the same result. When I double click the display icon there is a quick flash of the hourglass and nothing happens. Right clicking on it and selecting open has the same result.
Could it be that on one of my disc cleanup episodes that I deleted the drivers for this? I don't know if "driver" is the right word to use.
Any other suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.