Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy techies. Here's my situation. I had one hard drive with 3 partitions and the C drive has Win XP Pro as my OS. Like most techies, I wanted a faster drive so I got me a 40GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8. I installed it as the slave drive. I used PartitionMagic 8 to put 2 partitions on it, D and I. Then I used Acronis TrueImage to make an image of my existing C drive. I then restored the image to my new Maxtor D drive in order to have an carbon copy of the contents of my C drive. I next used PartitionMagic to convert the D drive to Active and Primary. Next, I set up BootMagic so I could multi-boot to either the C or D drive. Now comes the problem. I can boot to my C drive with no problem but when I try to boot to the new D drive, it'll get to the Windows XP Professional screen with the moving bar thingy but never past that. The 'puter then reboots and starts the whole booting process over again. I'm not sure what the problem could be because the C and D drives are exact copies of each other. If one boots, the other should boot too is the way I see it. Can someone smarter than me tell what might be causing the problem and how to fix it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.