Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to load XP Pro on to a HP Notebook dv6 i7 7000. I did the required slipstream OS-CD addition of the SATA AHCI drivers, which allowed me to get past the common 0x0000007B error and to the "Welcome to Setup" blue screen. At this point it shows that screen for about 4 seconds then the whole system shuts down. The keys do not respond during that 4 seconds. I don't know what to do from here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Progress update: After realizing I was getting no response from the keyboard during the few seconds the "Welcome to Setup" screen was showing, I added a keyboard driver to the OS CD, which allowed me to get 1 screen past the "Welcome to Setup" screen by hitting "Enter". It gave me the following message: "Setup did not find any hard drives installed in your computer". I know for a fact that a 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive is installed and working. I previously added RST drivers (f6flpy-x86_11.2.0.1006.zip Version: 11.2.0.1006) which I thought would allow XP to see the HDD. Apparently I need a better SATA driver for my dv6-7134nr.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
OK, I accept that I can't load XP Pro (32) on to a newer HP laptop. So what late model laptop brand(s) will still allow XP Pro to be installed ?? (3rd generation i7 systems for example)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
It doesn't. Let's move on. I accept that I can't load XP Pro (32) on to a newer HP laptop. So what late model laptop brand(s) will still allow XP Pro to be installed ?? (3rd generation i7 systems for example)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.