Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to load XP Pro on to a HP Notebook dv6 i7 7000. I did the required slipstream OS-CD addition of the SATA AHCI drivers, which allowed me to get past the common 0x0000007B error and to the "Welcome to Setup" blue screen. At this point it shows that screen for about 4 seconds then the whole system shuts down. The keys do not respond during that 4 seconds. I don't know what to do from here.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,131 Posts
We need the proper Model # for the computer. Look for the label on the bottom of the laptop: This is what it should look like. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-se...00 Notebook PC series&search_searchtype=s-002
Then download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the HDD you are installing to. If either test fails or it can't find the HDD then the HDD has failed and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Progress update: After realizing I was getting no response from the keyboard during the few seconds the "Welcome to Setup" screen was showing, I added a keyboard driver to the OS CD, which allowed me to get 1 screen past the "Welcome to Setup" screen by hitting "Enter". It gave me the following message: "Setup did not find any hard drives installed in your computer". I know for a fact that a 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive is installed and working. I previously added RST drivers (f6flpy-x86_11.2.0.1006.zip Version: 11.2.0.1006) which I thought would allow XP to see the HDD. Apparently I need a better SATA driver for my dv6-7134nr.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,131 Posts
XP does not have Native support for SATA HDD's. Boot into Setup (Bios) and set the HDD mode From AHCI to IDE or Compatibility Mode.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.