Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i had to secure wipe work laptop hard drives in this case i used a Think pad Drive Erase Facility.

Now i want to Install Win 7 Pro 64bit and its giving me the usb /dvd driver is missing and so far the regular tips are not helping.

is there a way to incorporate the usb 3 drivers into the iso ?

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,117 Posts
Hi there,

Go into the BIOS and check the boot order section. Make sure to set the first boot device to the USB device. Save setting, reboot the computer and make sure your USB flash drive is connected to the USB slot. Then see if the computer boots to the USB flash drive.

You can also try connecting the USB device onto another USB port. Also, try testing the USB flash drive onto another computer and see if the USB flash drive works fine on another computer.

Hope everything works out well for you.

·
Registered
40,869 Posts
As stated. Try the USB on another computer, will it boot that one?
If so, put the USB into the Lenovo. Restart the computer and press F2 to enter Setup (Bios) here go to the Security tab, If Secure Boot is Enabled, using your Enter and Arrow keys, Disable it or change it to Setup Mode.
If UEFI boot is enabled, does the USB show as a Bootable UEFI device?
If not, on another computer, you can download Rufus, available in my signature. Under the Partition Scheme area choose MBR Partition Scheme for UEFI, Under the Create a Bootable Disk option, choose ISO image, and browse it to your Windows ISO image to burn it to your flash drive to make a bootable UEFI USB Windows Installer.
Or, in the Bios, under the Security tab, choose Legacy Boot to recognize your current USB drive. Move that to First Boot Device. Save and Exit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.