Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has asked me to fix his computer because it was running super slow. I can just tell it is full of spyware and virus. So i tried to install adware and Sybot. Both would install but niether would run after. THen i tried to install Norton (two different versions, Internet security 2005 and 2007). Neither would install. both frooze after I clicked install. I assume that this is cause some virus is blocking it. I am running the emergancy virus scan using the norton disk that runs from start up.

Is there anything else I can do l wipe the viruses off the disk if i cant install my virus software.

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
Hi

Is the system still infected? If yes then you may be better posting a HijackThis log from this system to the HJT Forum (do not attach it or post it here). This could indeed be malware that is inhibiting the installation and running of those programmes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant install anything virus related, No Mircro trend, norton, spybot adaware, spyware guard, nothing. I cant get rid of the malware which is blocking me for installing this software.

I am stumpped

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
Please don't do anything until you receive guidance. If possible keep the machine off the internet as well. Many infections simply call lots of friends to the party. You could, and apologies here as I have no idea of your computer knowledge, make things worse by trying to fix it yourself. All our Security Analysts are trained to deal with situations like yours so we will get you clean again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.