Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Total noob to this forum... wasnt sure where to post this problem

My current sys specs: Athlon XP 1.1Ghz, 256MB ram, Geforce FX5200.

I was running winxp sp2 when my system crashed day before yesterday. i re-installed windows and sp1 but each time i install sp2 the computer restarts to complete installation but i cant get past the welcome screen when it re-boots.

I just installed sp1 and tried to install the drivers for fx5200 (Forceware 78.01 and DNA1.1.7180) and i get the same problem with both of them... finally had to uninstall the drivers in safe mode.

End result: i cant install my graphics card... i cant install sp2 which really ticks me off coz every time i go on the net i get these annoying messages even tho' the ICF is up.

Pls help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the drivers dont install... period. i tried in sp1 and in sp2... i tried forceware and dna... same result - the monitor goes off (like its gone into standby mode) and then the system reboots only now it wont go past the welcome screen.

and this never happened earlier... i've been running on this configuration for close to a year now... windows installation and driver installation never had issues.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
there is no need to install sp1 just go straight to sp2,i am using 71.89 with this card
i would at least double up on the ram
run memtest on the ram
http://www.memtest86.com/
what size and make of p/supply are you using

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.