Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright... this just recently started happening a couple days ago. (The only thing recent I have done on my comp is install World of Warcraft).
I basically can't get my computer to start up correctly. When I turn it on, it goes to the screen where you select the mode to start up in (normal, safe, ect) with the 30 second count down.

If I let it sit and countdown itself, having it auto start in normal mode, it goes to the black Windows XP Microsoft loading screen with the blue block/bar that scrolls across the bottom.

Once that's done, it goes to the blue Disk Check screen and checks my C: drive fine, but then when it should be going to the next screen which is where I would select my user name and log in, the monitor just shuts off into sleep mode and nothing happens, making my computer completely unusable.

Right now I'm using a friend's computer, but I -really- need to get my comp working so any help would be most appreciated.

One more interesting thing, on the screen where you select the mode to start in, if I try selecting Safe Mode, or select normal mode before the countdown is done, the computer just resets.

:4-dontkno

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dai said:
try selecting
last known good configuration
Alright well it goes through normaly until I'm suppose to hit the log in screen after the disk checking, but what happens is a blue screen with white font (similar to the disk checking except darker blue) comes up, except it's only for a split second before my monitor shuts off, so I'm unable to read it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi crystal,

check out the manufacturer's website of your harddrive on your friend's computer. then download the diagnostics utility for the hdd and put it on a cd or floppy. then bootup with it, follow the on-screen instructions, and then test your hdd for any errors.

also you might wanna swap the harddrive cable and see if its a bad hdd cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.