Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My problem is on win2k pro. For some odd reason all the sound comes out of the computer's built-in speaker. I hooked up speakers to the audio out on the comp, but I can't find any options to make it come out of my speakers, all the noise just comes out from inside the comp. I searched control panel, but I can't find anything! Help is appreciated! :smile:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Have you went into the sound and multimedia, Audio tab sound playback , advanced this allows you to select where you want the sound to come from.
Have you checked device manager to see if the sound card is installed?
(no yellow "?")

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. I have checked the sound in the audio tab. It doesn't allow me to change it. I don't see any yellow question marks in the sound and multimedia section either. :(

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The "?" mark will be in the (Control Panel, system, Hardware tab, Device manager).
If it is there right click on it and disable it close out of CP and restart your system. Windows will find new hardware have it look on the cd for the Motherboard (onboard sound) or the cd for the installed card.
If it is onboard sound you may want to check and see if it is disabled in the bios.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.