Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live about 5 miles from the cable service area and about 1500 feet from the DSL service area. Can you help me get a highspeed connection?

I have called both cable and DSL companys.

Cable=Mediacom
DSL= Frontier

·
Registered
142 Posts
is wireless available in your area, like clearwire. If not satellite, or cell phone internet are good ways to go. And of coarse you can always get a T1, if you can afford it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to play online games like WOW. T1 is to expensive, cellphone, and satalite are to slow, and wireless is unavailable.

Is there anything that can be done?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
pretty good odds if he can get dsl or cable, he's not gonna have access to spotty municipal/metro services like digital cell, wifi, etc..

P2E

is wireless available in your area, like clearwire. If not satellite, or cell phone internet are good ways to go. And of coarse you can always get a T1, if you can afford it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
b/c of inherent long distance (22k miles, 1-way) of geo satellites, vsat is not a good option for gamers - but maybe your best option... 1500 ft from the CO is fine for DSL... Tell the dsl provider you are willing to "chance" the connection - if it works everyone wins, if not you return the hardware and no one looses. assuming there is no obsolete voice coils (filter) in the line, you will be able to get 1.5MB speeds on your dsl.

good luck.

P2E

I want to play online games like WOW. T1 is to expensive, cellphone, and satalite are to slow, and wireless is unavailable.

Is there anything that can be done?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.