Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I took some spare parts and built a comp. Asus sli delux mobo, was working in my last comp, but got new mobo so I am using this for a pc I build for my mom. CPU is an AMD64 3200+, brand new. The original cpu had bent pins, so I rma'd it and AMD sent me back this new one. 520w Aspire power supply. Ok so, I got everything hooked up, not too much, just 1 ram stick, 1 dvd player, 1 hdd. I go to turn it on, nothing happens. The standby power led on the mobo is on (green). but when i try to turn the computer on, nothing happens. So, since the standby power light is on, I figure that the psu and the mobo are workign, so I try reseating the cpu, still doesnt work. SO I unplugged everything except the ram, cpu and video card. Still wont turn on? SO i try messing with the power cable (sw reset, sw power, ide led, etc.) trying to plug them into different jumpers on the mobo, doesnt work. so now I think maybe something is wrong with the case power button and cables. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Where your power button attaches to the motherboard. Use a paper clip or a SMALL screwdrive tip to short those two pins together.
If it fires up then your power button in the case is bad.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
No, But if you want to make sure use the screw driver. If you have a ballpoint pen with a medal tip they work also. :sayyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.