Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Someone recently donated a used Linksys wireless router to the relief/development center where I teach. It fell to me to get it working, and I've had no luck so far. I have the setup CD, but when I follow the instructions I usually get a message saying my computer can't find the router. Once it got past that point but then asked for a password.

There are two possible problems I can think of. One is that Internet here in Laos can be strange, so maybe it's the Internet connection or ISP. But I have several computers (and a wireless router) already set up and they're working fine. Probably because I wasn't the one to set them up.

The other possible problem is the router is used, so maybe some of it's settings are messing things up.

Any ideas out there? Any way I can just wipe this thing clean? Or, how do I find it's IP address and connect directly to it, skipping the CD wizard?

Thanks for the time!

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
51,815 Posts
Forget the setup CD, it's just a complication.

It would be helpful if you told us something about the whole configuration.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.