Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dell Optiplex 980 SFF
Intel core 2 duo 660 3.3, 64bit
BIOS version A 16 (latest) and reset defaults.
W7 pro

I bought this Optiplex refurb on ebay and it works pretty good with 4 gigs of DDR3-12800 ram. After removing the old memory I installed 8gb Patriot Signature series (2x4)and it works better and shaved a few seconds off boot time. Now I need to set the timing but I cannot find the settings.

I've set the timing on other computers (mostly with Asus motherboards). I've searched the BIOS over and over and Googled everything I could think of but nobody ever mentions where the settings can be located. I've checked the Dell tech and user manuals until I have sensory overload but still no luck.

Since this was a business computer could they have eliminated the ability to tamper with the memory settings?

Anyway, if someone would be kind enough to just steer me in the right direction so I can ascertain if they actually exist I would be most appreciative.

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,557 Posts
In Dell BIOSs there isn't a way to set your own timings. You are stuck with what the BIOS sees to be the best option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, thank you, thank you. My search is over. Really appreciate the quick responses. It is now solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.