Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have downloaded, burned ISO's, ran many live Cd's. To no avail. The only Distro that came close was Ubuntu's New Breezy Badger. Breezy Badger recognized my Sound Card, however, it did'nt recognize my Network adapter.
This is my network adapter " Marvell Yukon 88E8050 PCI-E ASF Gigabit Ethernet Controller". I believe the problem is the Controller. Because My controller for the card is IEEE 1394 Net adapter.
When i was booting the live Cd with Ubuntu "my network card was not detected, but it asked me if it was connected to a IEEE 1394 controller". I said yes, but to no avail. Any help would be apprieciated. Worse comes to Worse does anyone know of any Gigabit ethernet cards i can buy that are compatible with linux??? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well it's not a question of compatibility, it's a question of how it installs. Ubuntu (like Debian) installs from the net, meaning you must have your net card driver installed and ready by the cd. What you need is a distro distrubituted entirely on CD so you can install the driver later. You could install debian this way, with like 7 discs. Ubuntu has a version on DVD, that might do the trick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.