Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have put my Win7RC .iso on a DVD and am now trying to boot off that DVD, only that when I try to boot off the DVD, it doesn't get past the single white blinking underscore before I even get to my dual boot selection screen...

Do you guys have any idea what the problem might be? If I need to post anything extra here, let me know and I will.

Thanks in advance.

dodgerphreak

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Hi, welcome to TSF

Did you burn the ISO as a 'disk image' or is it on the DVD in its original, unextracted format as a single ISO file?

If you burned it correctly as an image, you will be able to see the Windows 7 installation files and folders on the DVD.

Have you changed the boot order in BIOS to 'CD first'?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, boot order is CD first. I already have the pre-release beta, now I want to write over that OS with the RC.

And apparently I didn't burn it right, because all I see when I open the DVD drive with My Computer is the readme file. Any suggestions on how to burn it correctly?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
An ISO file is a disc image, meaning it contains the entire contents of a CD or DVD in a single file.

To return this file back to its original CD/DVD format so it can be read, you need to burn it as a disc image with ImgBurn or any other CD writer software.

Download from www.imgburn.com, install, run, select the Win7 ISO and click the Burn icon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.