Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
See i have been having problems with not being able to download stuff. I thought it may be my firewall but it is off now and it still will not download right. I have tried IE and FX... I decided that maybe i had a virus or something, i used IE for about 20 minutes yesterday. (Lesson learned, 22 infections already with ewido)

Anyhow, does any one know of a reason i can't download? I am thinking it is some kind of virus, mainly because it stopped IE and FX.
-blitze

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
With 22 infections, your problem is probably caused by a virus/spyware. Run a few checks with the usual software and online scans. Then reinstall IE and Firefox is necessary.

Do you also get popups and pages that won't load? Can you use a download manager like FlashGet?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: i have no viruses... i use online scans once a week, i used avg, panda, trend, ewido, spybot, ad aware personal, and MS anti spyware last night.

I guess i am stuck!
-blitze

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
What error messages do you get when your downloads fail?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"this action has been blocked" it's listed at the top left of a blank page right after i click the download.
-blitze

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't like using IE, i only mentioned it because that is wehre all 22 of the spyware infections came from. I had to use it a few days ago for something, besides that id rather FX work than IE.... Like i said i'll try the thing with the firewall and A/V.
-blitze

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How crazy!

1. I booted in safe mode and i looked at z/a (folder) nothing was odd in it. So i just rebooted, cleaned my cache and everything BUT cookies. It works just fine now...

2. any one have an idea why? I am out of ideas, and no i did not use a restore point :)

Thank you to all who helped!
-blitze

PS
i looked over my log.. it is clean, if my problem continued though i woulda let the pros do it! :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.