Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been having problems with my router for about 6 months (Serious ones) and I hope you guys can help me. 6 Months ago we couldn't set up our router correctly so we hired geek squad, he set it up but now we have this problem ever since, The problem is that when ever I download anything and I mean ANYTHING the 'CRC' is courrupt. The only way I might be able to download anything is if the file is unpacked, lets say there were 10 librarys inside a unpacked zip, well Everytime I download one 1 out of 10 of the librarys would be courrupt, so I would have to keep downloading over and over untill I download all the nessacary librarys. However packed files are impossible. And I can only get on the internet through the router (Routers wireless and has enternet ports), I cant just plug the enthernet cord directly into my laptop from the modem, it has to go through the router! And sometimes when I visit a webpage I get this

I know its not a virus because when I connect to other peoples routers
it works fine. And by the way only 3 lights are light up on my modem (DSL, ENTHERNET, AND POWER). Please help I have 3 computers in my house and it is effecting all of them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I alrdy tried restarting my router. MANY times.

Router: Netgear, model: RangeMax wireless router WPN824 v2 , Both wireless has Ethernet ports(http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/RangeMaxWirelessRoutersandGateways/WPN824.aspx)
Modem: Westell, Model: 6100 (http://www.dealshower.com/products.asp?stid=8561&cat=Computers&product_id=120182046982)
Internet:Verizon DSL
It affects both my XP and Vista computers(all 3 of them) So my OS shouldn't matter.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Upgrade the firmware to the latest version available.
Reset the router to factory defaults.
Configure the MTU size in the router to 1492 in the router.
Configure the wireless as necessary for your environment.
See if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.