Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I was just randomly screwing around, and I decided to create a network bridge... I don't even know what a network bridge does. But now, the icon is irritating me, and I want to get rid of it, but it won't let me. If I try to delete it, it tells me "An unexpected error occurred while trying to configure the Network Bridge". If I try to disable it, "It is not possible to disconnect at this time. The connection is currently busy with a connect or disconnect operation."

I've tried disconnecting my comp from the internet, doing it right at startup, nothing. I can't get rid of the damn thing. Suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Can't delete network bridge

They both said "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user, or the system account."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: Can't delete network bridge

well if the connection is active, you wont be able to disengage the bridge. If it is a wired network, try unplugging your ethernet cord and then trying to disengage the bridge. If it is a wireless network, then just dont connect to anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope. Again, I appreciate the suggestion though. I bridged the wireless connection and the wired one. the wired one doesn't ever have anything plugged in anyway, and I disconnected the wireless one, and I got the same error messages

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you are still looking - I had the same issue.
If you go to device manager and expand the network adaptors - right click on the MAC Miniport Bridge and select uninstall, the icon in Network Connections should be gone.
When I first did this it said it was unable to do so but in fact it did it anyway.
Worked ok for me.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I know this was 5 years ago, but I had a similar problem today in Windows 8 and this thread at least helped me solve it with a few additions. My issue was that I created a network bridge with a Wifi adapter that was lost. So the bridge was still connected to the missing adapter and I could not create or delete the bridge. The driver for the adapter was not showing in device manager so I thought. I clicked view, then show hidden devices. I could then see the adapter, not anything relating to a bridge FYI, Once I uninstalled the missing adapter the bridge was automatically dissolved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.