Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum, hopefully I can help some people out with their problems. But for now I have a problem. My brother downloaded some pictures from Limewire and they can't be deleted. When you right click it doesn't give you the option to delete it or rename it. So I don't know it's weird they just can't be deleted/moved/renamed/NOTHING! . Also I don't have Limewire open so that's not the problem. And when I do have it open I try to delete it from there and I can't delete them using Limewire either. So can someone please help me out ?:) I already tried using Ccleaner and it didn't work.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
If you can not delete a file in XP it is because Windows is using that file. I would do an antivirus scan with the Trend Online scan below. If it finds it but can not delete it, try deleting it in safe mode.

If all this fails, read the instructions on posting a hijack this log in our security section and let the gang there help you get clean.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terrister said:
If you can not delete a file in XP it is because Windows is using that file. I would do an antivirus scan with the Trend Online scan below. If it finds it but can not delete it, try deleting it in safe mode.

If all this fails, read the instructions on posting a hijack this log in our security section and let the gang there help you get clean.
Yeah it said Windows was using that file but it wasn't, well not according to my knowledge, ok well I tried deleting it in safe mode and same thing happened. I tried the online anti virus and it didn't detect anything. Then I did system restore and it was still there, lol. The way I managed to delete it is very embarrassing, I just deleted the folder it was in(shared) :shy: You can all make fun of me all you want.

Thanks Terrister

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.