Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to get rid of two malwares, "System Defender" and "Antivirus Plus," my system has a few problems, including:

- Windows setup claiming there are no hard drives connected, when using my Windows XP CD to boot (despite the fact that I can start the computer as normal when booting normally, using the hard drives it claims to not detect)
- Random restarts
- Seem to be connected to the internet but no applications can connect, as if I'm not connected

What can I do? Is there a fix to problems such malware may have left that cause such things?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and AVG both show that there are 0 infections found. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does, however, tell me, every 10 minutes or so, that it has successfully blocked access to malicious IPs, as if the previous malwares are always still trying to infect me, despite seemingly being gone.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,332 Posts
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.