Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I am unsure if this is posted in the correct place??? I am having problems connecting to the internet through my wireless router..its a netgear. I have the bars that say it is picking up the signal--if I hard wire from my dell laptop to the modem--I can connect. It's just when I try to connect without it being hardwired --it says there is no interncet connection. I reset every thing, called my isp, they say it must be something wrong with the computer( after they did some testing and tweeking. Seems when we reset stuff we lost our "192" number thingy so he got that back and did a bridge. then he said I should call netgear. Soooo I called netgear after some Q and A they said the connection is there, it should work. I just don't know.

I know enough about computers to just be dangerous!! HELP!

Thanks for any tid bit of info. It has to be something easy...i think?

· Registered
4 Posts
Well what you need to do i to hardwire it. next you need to open your internet and in the address bar enter your routers IP address usally 192.168.2.1 but it may vary. then you sign in to your modem if it ask you. Open an Internet explorer and type the router IP address which would be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 (by default, refer to your product documentation ti determine the default IP address.) in the address bar and press Enter.
The Login window will be prompting for a Username and Password. The default Username is admin and the default Password is password
# Click Wireless Settings under Setup menu.

NETGEAR Router WEP
# Under Security Options, Select WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
# Select Authentication type as Automatic and Encryption Strength as 64-bit (or 128-bit) - You must later configure your wireless computers with the same setting.
# Select Key 1 and enter any 10 hexadecimal digits - any combination of 0-9, A-F (26 digits if you selected 128-bit as the encryption strength) and Apply the settings. Please note down these values - You must later configure your wireless computers with the same setting.

You need to make sure that the wireless in your settings is turned on and that it is connect. email me if you have any questions feel free to email me or send me a message

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.