Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with burning pictures to CD. Using the Win XP to copy these files and burn them to CD.

i have tried folders all at once and one folder at a time. One folder got burned but next one wouldn't and ruined whole disc. I have folders in MY Pictures file and each folder is labeled Jan, Feb, Mar etc. All pics in them are jpeg's and I even took off the 'thumbnail' views in case that was giving me the error.

I went through all the pics in the folders to make sure they were all good and all jpeg's. All looked fine.

I have downloaded HP PHoto Essentials and tried using that to burn my pictures. I get an error with that also. Same with NERO. NERO came up as LEAD OUT FAILED.

I checked out the Microsoft forum and it said to check that the iMap service was started and running----it is and has been.

I sit here while it is burning and it looks like it does the lead in --- then the burn--- and the problem happens on the final steps for use.

Says
an error occured and cannot complete the CD - there was an error in the writing process. The disc you have attempted to write may no longer be usable. Shows as full in properties yet no files or folders will show up.

I have burned hundreds of cd's in the past --- music, data and pictures all with no problem.

Tried 3 different brands of CD-R's --- Memeorex, No Name and Verbatim --- all same error. Now 16 CD's in garbage.

I turned off screensaver, disabled virus program, did disk cleanup and defrag. No difference.

EVA

·
Computer Wizard?
653 Posts
I have burned many types of things with the Windows XP burner. I have gotten the same error with the disks. The disk may no longer be usable. But that does not necessarily mean that it is no longer usable. I burned something else to the disk and it worked just fine. Most Cd's today are 700MBs and if they are a Cd-R this means you can keep writing new things to the disk till it is full. As in you can write something to it complete the burning process and then burn something else later. A Cd-RW however you can write something to it and then later if you don't want it on there no longer you can erase the CD. But you can't delete on thing at a time on the CD. All you can do is copy all the stuff you want to keep to a folder on your computer then erase the CD and put the stuff on the Cd then the stuff you didn't want on the CD will no longer be there. Now if these Cd's you have are new and they are doing this you can take it up with the manufacturer and get a full refund from them. But if they are old like a month or something and they give you these problems then they will not help you. So all of those Cd's that you trashed if they were new then you just wasted your money. But also the Cd's could be getting written wrong because the CD burner is too old and it is writing this improperly or the laser on the CD burner is damaged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.