Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Computer is a custom built quad core phenom from cyber power.

ASUS M4A89GTD
Quad core phenom
1TB Raid hard drive (2 x 500gb samsung harddrives)
2GB Ram
Onboard ATI 4290 graphics card

Okay the problem basically started when trying to install a new graphics card and an additional 4GB of RAM. I used the CD provided to uninstall the previous onboard graphics drivers (both being ATI I thought it would work).

On rebooting my pc it now comes up with the following error in windows error recovery "Windows failed t start. a recent hardware or software... etc" So it gives me the option to run the system recovery.

At this point I thought it was the graphics card/RAM causing the error so I removed both and rebooted as the system was previously.

On running a repair "Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically" Under details all signature values are at 0 or unknown and the problem event name is Startup repair offline.

I can't run system restore, image recovery or windows memory diagnostic.

So using command prompt there seems to be an X drive... Reading "X:\windows\system32>"

When trying to run SFC scan now it gives me the error "system repair pending which requires reboot to complete"

When trying to boot from the CD I get the exact same options and errors, safe mode won't work or any other boot options.

I am running the PC with only mouse, keyboard and monitor attached. I have tried booting with only one RAM chip inserted. I am going crazy with this problem and havn't got a clue what else to try. All I want now is a working system, it would be nice to keep the data on the hard drive but more essential is getting the system working again!

Any help or suggestions would be awesome,

Thanks guys.

Simon

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If you have access to another computer, I would test the hard drive. Use the manufacturer's software to run a diagnostic test. Burn it to a CD/DVD and boot from it to run the diagnostic. But you might have to format and reinstall the OS from scratch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.