Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For around the last 2 weeks ive ben having problems with my laptop which i orignally thought was due to an infection, however after doing tests, scans etc i couldnt find anything but a problem still remains. So ive decided to restore my Laptop back to factory settings, however i cant backup my files onto my external hard drive, i keep getting 'Cannot copy 064: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)'. I have no idea why this occurs as it sometimes will successfully transfer some files, but then other times it just freezes and give the above error. Can anyone shed some light on why im getting this error and how i can possibly fix it, i dont want to lose any files and am worried that some may somehow have become corrupt over the period of the last 2 weeks when ive been having these issues

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the error only happen on certain type of files you are trying to back up?

If the external HD is usb is connected to the laptop via USB, unplug it and plug the HD to another usb port and see if this helps alleviate you issues.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
That error can mean corrupted files but I have sen it appear when transferring large amounts of data at once.
Try copying the files in smaller amounts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.