Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have MS Windows 2000 server running terminal services in application mode. The terminal server is on the same LAN as the client that connects to it. I was always able to connect to the server in the past. I am able to access all other servers/workstations via rdp except for the terminal server. The only thing that has changed in the last two weeks is that I have re-installed my os on my workstation. Fresh install of xp-pro. I had no problems re-joining it back to the domain. I can ping the terminal server, connect to shares on the terminal server but no rdp. To get around this, I have been connecting via rdp to another workstation on our network and in turn using it to connect to the terminal server. (Dbl rdp connect). As soon as I press connect from my workstation, it immediately tells me that it’s not possible. No delay's either. Instant denial. Any ideas? All 25 terminal service clients that are currently using the server have not complained. I just want to figure it out before it happens to someone else.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I don't know how your AD is setup but does your computer (not user) need to be in an OU that gives it permissions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.