Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two computers out of about 35 in our company can not access secure web sites. Non secure sites are no problem, but when I try to go to a secure site I get the page can not be displayed message. Ran Adaware and AVG, both clean. Checked Advanced settings in Tools>Internet Options everything looks good. Any suggestions?

G

·
did you try setting to defaults in internet options under advanced tab ? ( just to make sure they are all ok. ) Also try an online scan. Try one of the links below. I would suggest panda in this case.

regards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Other browsers don't work

I've tried the suggestions I've found on the web and they haven't fixed my problem. I even tried downloading other browers:Firefox, Netscape and Opera and they can't connect to the internet at all. When I downloaded Netscape I get a "starter" file that connects to the Netscape server and I can't connect to their server. This is acting more like a virus that is blocking the secure sites and preventing me from using other browsers, could that be? I use AVG and it runs clean but I can't connect to their site to update, I ran Cleanup and it did its thing, AdAware doesn't find anything, though I can't connect to update it either, but there has to be a problem of some sort, any new ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should I reinstall?

Should I try to reinstall the OS? I have IE 6.0 with Service Pack 2 on the computer but can't find that version on the internet to even try to reinstall IE. I can find Service Pack 1 but not 2. HELP!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.