Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pls help. I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 1100, PIV 2.2Ghz, 20GB HDD, 256 MB RAM. I've got problem with my win XP OS so I decided to format my laptop. However, my laptop is not set to boot from CD. I tried to access bios to change it but in the POST screen , it only shows a message:"Press F2 for system utilities". I've tried all the combination from F1 to F12, del, ins, and so on, but i still cannot access bios. My laptop just simply continues to boot from HDD and windows log on screen appears. Anyone helps me, pls. If you can, pls send it directly to my e-mail: [email protected]. thanks.

:4-dontkno:4-dontkno:sigh:

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Have you tried the windows setup from in windows? Insert the cd while in windows then start the setup utility, this will install the install files while the pc is running and when you reboot it will either boot to your new setup or it will give the option to boot from the setup or the regular os.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have, and i've got into another problem.That's why I want to format my laptop. Now there are 2 XP OS running on my laptop. when i start my laptop, it has me to choose which one to start up with. If I start up with the old one, everything is normal. however, if i start up with the new one, the color setting is set at 4bit color, and it doesn't detect any graphic chipset at all. That one is terrible. Anyway to access bios or to format my laptop, pls?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.