Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently installed a new canon pixma mp130 all in one.since install my windows defrag. program will not work,aldo any third party defrag programs either.regseeker 1.45 will not load or loads very very slowly.worst of all i can only shut down computer via switch on box.system is pentium 4 3.4ghz ht.512 mb ddr ram and was working with zero faults till addition of printer software.i have reformatted and carried out total reinstallation but to no avail.any ideas please.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
If you let the auto install do the installation of the printer, that could be the problem. Canon has had some problems with the auto hardware install.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Uninstall completely-Go to download programs file and delete cannon folder.
Restart. Check to see if the programs now work. If NO- Call cannon and they should walk you through the steps to delete all remnants of their soft ware.

If the programs do work- search the cannon disc for the printer driver only and install it. If you cannot find it- go to cannon website and download the driver from there and install it. You will miss out on all the fluff that comes with cannon printers (i.e.- photo creators, calender creators etc....) but you will be able to use your printer.

My 2cents worth.

Andy
As a last resort- use the system restore to get to a point before you installed
the printer software.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.