Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Tech Support Forum!
I bought a new Canon iP4300 on 24 Aug 07 & was very pleased with it.
On 2 Oct 07, after printing only a few dozen pages total from new, it refused to print. There were 15 orange flashes & the big black cartridge was "not recognized" & it’s LED was out.
This was the new original cartridge supplied with the printer.
I had been careful to avoid touching the contacts on assembly & it had never been disturbed.
Removing & reinstalling the cartridge worked once or twice but finally not.
Canon exchanged the whole printer under guarantee 10 Oct 07.

On 19 Nov 07 the second printer refused to print, with 15 flashes & the blue cartridge was not recognized & it’s LED was out.
Again this was the new Canon cartridge supplied with the new printer & contacts not fingered. This after even less use than the first printer.
Removal & reinstallation cleared the problem once or twice but finally not.

I contacted Canon for help & they recommended powering down for 30min then removing all cartridges & the head, before reinstalling, but this did not help.

Today I returned the printer again & am now waiting for the next move.
(Fortunately I didn’t throw away my 1999 BJC-6000 printer when I bought the new one – it still works every time...)

Is this a common problem?
Am I doing something to provoke it?
Should I expect the iP4300 to fail every month? – I assume not, or Internet would be full of reports…
Should I have tried to clean the contacts & if so – using what?

All ideas & suggestions gratefully received!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disappointed that there have been absolutely no replies to the above.

My second printer went back to Canon and today they gave me another (third) new one.
Presumably this means they both had real unfixable problems, not just dirty contacts or faulty (original) cartridges?

There are about another dozen people with similar problems with this printer on the FixYa site.

Still no useful comments, guys?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.