Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Canon i960 that is having paper feed problems. It sometimes stops feeding the paper when it is part the way through a print job. Canon tech support says it is a driver problem, but the driver has been reinstalled several times but the problem still occurs. Ir doesn't happen with every print or at the same position on the print when it does occur. I am at a loss as to what to do.
Any suggestions? Other than replace it with another printer?

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
If you can get to the paper feed rollers, try cleaning them with isopropyl alcohol. Put the acohol on a rag and clean the rollers. If this does not work, buy an HP printer.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
What happens if you manually feed a sheet of paper? If this works fine, then maybe there is a software/driver issue?

JamesO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The feed problem occurs whether I use multiple sheets in the feeder or one at a time. I have tried different kinds of paper, but it still happens., although I have only had it happen with photo paper. It has not happened with plain paper, so the rollers might be slipping on the shiny photo paper. Fortunately, I found that it is on extended warranty, so I'll be getting it looked at by a service shop somewhere in town.
I like the idea of cleaning the rollers with alcohol, but I'm not going to do that until after the servicing.
Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.