Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*sigh*... Well, I haven't been capable of viewing ANY online video since I did a system restore on my HP laptop with Windows Vista OPS. When help comes up to guide me to fixing this problem, the steps I follow through correctly never seem to get me anywhere. For instance, I went to Adobe's website and installed Flash Player 9, but afterwards it said there was an error on the page, and nothing was at all different.
I'm also incapable of viewing ".rar" video files; perhaps this is relevant....

Please, feel free to ask me anything if you need further insight, for I would much appreciate any solution pertaining to these dilemas.

Thank you for taking your time to help me out :smile:

Love, Peace, Infinity
-Krista

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right right, well I realized after posting the message that I actually can view .rar files, I was just mistaken; it is in fact .AVI files that I cannot view, as well as ANY online video. I actually attempted installing the K-Light Codec Pack from www.filehippo.com after looking for further help through responses given to other people, but that didn't work either; a couple of the things inside of it were corrupt, or something.. and something else said it required an authorization code..... *shrugs*:4-dontkno
Does that help clarify anything??

thanks again,
peace...

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
what browser are you using? did you try another browser to help determine if its a browser problem or something else?

Also if using msie, to to tools, internet options, advanced tab, scroll down and under multimedia, make sure the proper lines are selected to play different multimedia types

·
Resident Pirate
17,982 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This persistent problem has moved beyond boring me; it's really begun to aggravate me.
Okay... So, I was an idiot and decided to uninstall Adobe Flash Player- using the link provided- and nothing changed, but now I'm worried I may have complicated things in the long run, for when I go to the page to download the AFP install program- all too familiarly- nothing happens,and in the bottom left corner of the page it says, "/!\ Done" or, "/!\ Error on Page". I dohappen to use Microsoft Internet Explorer, yet when I look at the list beneath "Multimedia" in the Internet Options, there is no choice to be selected concerning different types of media.
Please, will you explain which significant options should be enabled/disabled(?),
or possibly suggest a different web browser that may prove to be useful, as well as where I can try to download and install it?
Thank you so much, seriously, I appreciate your help. :)

·
Banned
3,394 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Uhh... well, the good news is, I've downloaded the K-Light Codec Pack again, and this time it feels as if I might be able to get somewhere with it, if only I even slightly understood what the heck all of the programs it's given me do, and how the heck to use them.
Can someone please explain what I should do now??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just downloaded and installed the STANDARD version of the K-Light Codec Pack, but it's proving to be less helpful than I thought it might be; actually, it's just making things confusing.
During the installation a message came up saying that a codec was broken-
ID:msacm.13codecp
Filename:<none>
Description:<unknown>
It was recommended that I click "Yes" to remove it from Window's registry, so I did.

After finishing the installation, my personal video files' icons had been changed to the K-Light "321" scene marker. When I try to view some of my files, AVI Chunk Viewer pops up, and at that point I'm lost, so I exit it- and in the bottom left corner of the player it reads,"Cannot render file.". Some of the other files, when opened, do not take me to the Chunk Viewer, and I can only listen to the sound- BUT NO MATTER WHAT, A COMPLICATEDLY DETAILED MESSAGE COMES UP BASICALLY TELLING ME I STILL NEED CODECS.
I'm trying to be very specific here, so let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
contact MR Jack. Sparrow. i had the same problem,but i user photo galley to see my videos i did the same steps i gave you and it worked for me. Sparrow help me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, DivX doesn't work- I've already tried that before as well.
I just realized not all of the things which don't complete downloading when I enter webpages are videos. This includes many icons- as well as links with icons attatched- and things get frustrating when you can't tell what to click on.
There is a recpectively large, yet non-responsive, rectangle in the upper right corner of the VLC download page. Am I supposed to download a binary (mirror, or whatever it is) under "Windows"? And if so, which one?
Thank you for your dedication... 8)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.