Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recently my computer will not allow me to access certain websites such as classmates.com, it goes straight to a search page and says this url cannot be found. i checked with someone else and the website has not been down. my computer also started freezing every few minutes for about 20 seconds then resumes. when i enter an address, my computer hangs for quite awhile then it will access the page. i have windows 2000 professional and internet explorer 6.0. i do not know alot about computers, so any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Do you have antivirus software installed? Have you updated the AV software? Have you scanned for viruses?

Do you have anti-spyware software installed such as Ad Aware or Spybot? You probably want to scan for that too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
kandyanny said:
just recently my computer will not allow me to access certain websites such as classmates.com, it goes straight to a search page and says this url cannot be found. i checked with someone else and the website has not been down. my computer also started freezing every few minutes for about 20 seconds then resumes. when i enter an address, my computer hangs for quite awhile then it will access the page. i have windows 2000 professional and internet explorer 6.0. i do not know alot about computers, so any help will be appreciated.
I am having the exact same problem with the same website. I do have Spybot and a popup killer, but have gone through both programs and cannot see where they are blocking. I am using Win 98 SE. This just started about two weeks ago. I cannot access classmates.com period. I don't get the hanging but just the message url cannot be found etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jgvernonco said:
Dumbest of all questions, but have you guys hit the "refresh" button when trying to access that site. (the internet is getting busier)? :angel:
I have tried the refresh button and I do have a firewall also. It is the strangest thing I have run into yet. I may try removing and reinstall the Spybot, firewall and popup killer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.