Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says most of it. I have a program called Black Gold which interfaces with my TV card. It's a bit unstable at the best of times and has finally refused to start. In trying to uninstall it (so I can install a newer version) it refuses to uninstall and says that an Error 1713 - "cannot install some of the required products". It leaves most of the program in the Prog Files, I can't repair it or install over the top of it.

I was advised that this is related to a registry error and have run RegistryFix 6 with no luck. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to TSF....

Hey great now the program is gone but what about the registry entries in Windows for the program. Live Linux disk not a good idea here.

Try this and there is a download on the page for it:

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/290301

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I tried using the Windows Installer Clean Up and was still left with a file in my Program Files with some stuff in them. I tried to install the software again anyway but had the same 1713 error.

This is crazy! How can I not be able to uninstall a piece of software??

What does 1713 mean??

·
Registered
7 Posts
HEY WAIT!! i had the same problem and then tryed CCLEANER yes it has 2 c's just google it then download it and it will have a uninstall area and uninstall it from there, if that dosent work, what worked for me was i used the linux live cd to delete the program files then go back to windows and go to ccleaner and the program will still be in there then delete it!!! Trust me this worked for me also if you dont want to use the live cd just make sure no other program is useing the files then get rid of it out the of program files OK!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.