Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed Norton Corporate Edition but it locked up in the middle of the installation so I rebooted. Now I have got the great question mark over the icon in the sys. tray. I have tried to uninstall it, but the thing is not listed in the add/remove list. It is ALSO not listed in the start menu list, either.....BUTTTT...if I were to do a search for it, it is installed in C/programs. So how do I get rid of this so that I can reinstall it???

I tried to reinstall over it, but the program won't allow that. It prepares to install and then just goes back to the main menu...I am assuming because it is already installed.

How do I fix this?? ARGH!!!

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Go to the Symantec website, they have manual removal tools for various products to deal with this kind of issue.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! AND...what I found out is that that I cannot use Corporate Edition with XP Home. Lovely. How come they do this? This is what I used for Win 98 and had no problems. UGH. I hate all these specific windows version!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
You answered the Q. yourself.

That's why they call it "Corporate" Edition

Greets =)

·
Registered
139 Posts
carrie640 said:
Thank you! AND...what I found out is that that I cannot use Corporate Edition with XP Home. Lovely. How come they do this? This is what I used for Win 98 and had no problems. UGH. I hate all these specific windows version!!
That's why you always have to read the requierments on the side of the package!;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.