Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been trying to install another old game from my childhood Rainbow Six Covert Ops Essentials, and the CD file structure looks like this. Now, whenever I run the "SETUP.EXE" file, I receive an error that the file is not compatible with my current version of Windows, which is Windows 7 x64.

So far, this is the only game that does this, the other Rainbow Six games, and other much older games were able to install just fine and without any problems. I'm wondering, but is it possible to solve this issue without having to go through complex workarounds (like setting up a VM for example)?

Would it be possible to install the game through programs like DOSBOX, or something else, if conventional methods don't work?

Can anyone help me out with this? I have no idea what to do, and no matter how much googling I do, I can't find anything that helps.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do I fix this program has compatibility issues?
In the search box on the taskbar, type the name of the program or app you want to troubleshoot. Select and hold (or right-click) it, and then select Open file location. Select and hold (or right-click) the program file, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab. Select Run compatibility troubleshooter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I fix this program has compatibility issues?
In the search box on the taskbar, type the name of the program or app you want to troubleshoot. Select and hold (or right-click) it, and then select Open file location. Select and hold (or right-click) the program file, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab. Select Run compatibility troubleshooter.
I've already tried that before creating a thread, it still doesn't work. Troubleshooting, running under Windows XP / 98 / 95, etc. doesn't work. It still shows the same error.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,568 Posts
Note that older 16-bit programs are not supported on 64-bit versions of Windows 10. This can even effect 32-bit applications that still use an old 16-bit installer. You might try something like this:

or this:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts