Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I receive many of these per day. I am using Office 2002. Each time I receive this message for 'Junk Email' messages. Do you have any idea why? I have to reply 'OK' to this message every time and I don't even know who the sender is or the content. Your help would be appreciated.

Larry

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have to say you are not 100% clear but I think what you are asking is how to stop SPAM mail (nuisance mail, unsolicited mail)? Never, never reply or respond to SPAM mail, it will only get worse.

1. Are you using Outlook XP 2002? If so you can set-up a rule to delete mail coming from the same source. Look in “tools”, “rules wizard”. Have a read in the help files under “Rule”. The problem with SPAM is that the senders keep changing the details so this suggestion is only good for a constant sender or constant details.
2. Do you have antivirus software installed & up-to-date? Some antivirus software such as Norton Internet Securities includes anti-spam features.

Let’s have some more details, we will try to help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Super,

Thanks for the reply. Fortunately, I have had to get somewhat proficient with Rules Wizard (I normally get about 50-100 emails per day in Chinese) but I can't figure this one out. There is a rule for moving junk mail to deleted file, but now that I think about it, aren't I just supposed to do that myself under 'Actions' folder? For some reason there is a rule for both junk mail and adult mail which should only occur if the same guy sends another message to me. Isn't that right? Then why is that rule there in the first place as I didn't set it up. It just pops up at any given time. Anyway, I think I'm hurting my brain on this one. If you can guide me, I sure would appreciate it.

Larry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it pops up with that message 'Cannot Remove Sender from the folder'. Apparently, it has rec'd a message (assuming it is from a junk email sender but I don't know for sure). It doesn't show me the message or the sender. I can only reply 'OK'. That's the only option.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Just thinking out loud here...

If the program is doing some regular maintenance, removing junk to the garbage bin, and something in there is not letting it do so, would this produce that message? (I don't use XP).

If so, the email client may have been hijacked. If not, I am full of bologna. :D

Have you looked at your running processes lately? This might not be diagnostic, as some hijackers work entirely through the email client, but I would recommend exiting from the email client and looking at the processes. Some bugs will prevent the client from being shut down (although we can't see that readily).

Let us know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.