Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed ISP - now with BellSouth and my Outlook 2003 no longer receives email.

I use my websites email address, so I set incoming mail server to mail.mywebsite.com (which is correct), and the outgoing mail server to mail.bellsouth.net.

I just can't understand why I no longer receive mail. To start, is this something I should go to my web host about? Or is it an Outlook issue.

The bellsouth portion is working obviously since I can send emails.

Prior to changing ISP's I had mail.mywebsite.com for both incoming/outgoing, but that no longer works for whatever reason.

Any help is much appreciated! I tried setting a new Outlook profile and turning off my anti-virus as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Try going to your account setup and enable smtp authentication and ticjk the box that says use the same settings as my outgoing/incoming.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A side note, from my web host:

If this does not work it is possible that your ISP is blocking outside e-mail servers so that you must use their outgoing e-mail servers. This is done by the ISP in an effort to block SPAM. MindSpring and AT&T are known to be ISPs which do this. If your ISP does block outgoing e-mail servers you can use the Web Mail feature in your Cpanel to send/receive e-mail.

...your ISP has blocked it and is forcing you to send e-mails though their ISP's e-mail servers instead. That we cannot do anything about.

Does this mean that I will not be able to use Outlook to receive email from my website??? Does that make sense to anybody?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.