Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have 4 Windows XP pc''s on a home route network. 3 of them run wireless on a Linksys router and 1 is hardwired to the router. One of the wireless pc''s will not access the internet. When it did work, it usually got a low signal, based on where it is in the house. When this issue started, I moved it to where the signal is excellent. I've reset the router and modem, turned the PC off and rebooted. Nothing helps.

When it fails to connect to a website (google, msn, yahoo, etc), it tells me to run the connection diagnostics. The Diagnostics report tells me to contact my ISP (locally owned cable co). I called them thi sevening and they told me that if 3 pc''s work fine, then it''s a problem on my pc, not the IP signal.

Currently the problem computer is connected to my network at 11mbps and excellent strength. Help???? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I tried this and that and finally used an alternate set of DNS characters. The PC now links to the internet. Immediately ran my AVG upgrade and did a full scan. No threats.

Thanks for the tips! :wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.