Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me, please?
My home laptop Sony Vaio with Windows XP SP3 refused to do disk defragmentation without running check disk first. But check disk found hundreds orphans and bad clusters, repaired all during 1h and after that I have a problem with Windows Explorer.

My computer folder cannot be open,other folders on desktop can open first level only but not enclosed sub-folders.

All files or programmes (with .exe) can be easily open if they were on desktop before this crash. Also the programmes can be opened from Start button but not always. My Computer folder can not be reached anyway.

The common error is " Windows explorer has encountered the problem and need to be closed" or "Instruction at (number) referenced memory at (number) could not be read"

Norton did not find anything, SpyBoot found something and repair, also I checked and repair the registry with Comodo programs.

I can use Internet. USB mem stick itself cannot be read but all folders from desktop I could copy on USB with right click.

I can create the new folder on my desktop but the error message appears if I try to open it.

Weird

Any suggestions from gurus?
I understand that reinstallation can be the option but want to try anything else.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last known good config did not change anything.All looks the same.System restore allows me to go 1 day back only. It all happened on 7 May, so does not make difference again. I had Combofix - no problems, memory test did not find any errors either. Have HJThis log now but cannot see anything suspicious

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.