Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys!
Im having a very strange problem, all of a sudden i cant log into my MSN live messenger and when i got to hotmail.com the page doesnt load and says done in the bottom left, I know its not a firewall issue because it was working before and besides that i disabled it on the AV and the Router. Built into messenger is that little trouble shooting kit which ive run and it says the service is working properly!! WIERD!!

Its not the internet connection either because i can access every site except hotmail and any MSN Messenger site!! Any help please!!
Oh and i can log into Hotmail using other Pc's so its not my account! WIERD!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had a similar problem a while ago which resolved after i had to format, have you tried re-installing the program?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No havnt tried reinstalling MSN yet, cant access the site to download it, LOL! gonna have to get it from work but keep forgettin, Wow you had to reinstall to fix it, wonder why it does that..... its funny because it not like its specific to one browser either tried it with firefox as well as Internet explorer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
Newbie to this forum and not exactly all that good with computers so please be patient.

I am having exactly same problem as "Markhimself".
The computer I am using came with MSN etc already installed, but could someone explain how to fix this, if like previous poster I am unable to access site and unable to get it elsewhere.

·
Registered
98 Posts
do not reformat for a problem like this!
i hate when people try to fix simple problems with a reformat.

being that you cannot access the site either, then it is not a problem with your messenger.. and of course a error detection function for the messenger will return good results because its not the messenger causing the problem.

go to start > run > cmd type ping www.hotmail.com
if you can't ping that type ping 208.172.158.182

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys!!! i forgot my password of hotmail mail and the secret answer. The problem is that as an alternative email i have the same email so i cant send the password there and see it.:) So, how can i solve it?????thx guys!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been havinf the exact same problem for both hotmail and Facebook. Facebook was working just fine until 1am or so for me. It's now 4 am, and still nothing. As soon as it started acting up, around an hour or so later, I tried to access my hotmail e-mail account

Wouldn't let me.

Made the run with the cdm thing, this is what I got:

www.hotmail.com/208.172.158.182 is not recognized as an internal or external comman, operable program or batch file.

I cleaned cookies and everything else on my browser, even turned off (and then back on) the firewall... But nothing.

Btw, not too computer savvy over here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.