Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, Just going to preface this with the fact that I know very little about computers! I have a game website that I would like to use but every time I try to load it I get the "cannot load webpage" message. Problem is that the page loads just fine until that comes up, and then it is removed from the screen. The website is working because I can use it on my phone, and the saved links on my computer (used to play on the site a bunch with my son but haven't for nearly a year) work just fine to play the games. It is just the website I cannot seem to access without explorer booting me off!

The diagnose problem thing says to turn on the Tcp setting but that just made things worse so I found out how to turn it off and did so.

I think I am running explorer 7 on the basic Windows Vista (yes I know it all sucks but I'm broke, and don't know any different!)

My son asked today if we could play games together again because he missed doing that so I would REALLY like to get this working!

Thanks to anyone that can help!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Welcome to TSF ;

Can you reset your Internet Explorer please. Upper left menu go to TOOLS\INTERNET OPTIONS\ADVANCE TAB and bottom right corner reset button click on it to reset.After that close your browser than open and try again. Do you have any anti-viruse software on computer ? Can you give us more info about your computer. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. I had already done the resetting and clearing of everything. I even did a system restore back to when I felt comfortable but as I said, it has been nearly a year...so no luck. Another forum I happened upon with a similar problem had the response of one guy "just download Firefox!" So I did that and now I can get what I need. Pain in the butt with trying to remember all of my logins now though LOL! Thanks for all of your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.