Tech Support banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4586781

I've been trying to install this a few times already but always a fail. It says it needs to restart to install the update but after restarting and loading, it says it has to undo the changes. I even tried Update and Shut down. Cannot works.

What do i do?

Version 2004 OS Built 19041.572

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
27,310 Posts
Because a cleanup is part of this update, go to Update History and make sure it says unsuccessful. Also drop down to other updates and make sure the Net Framework Update installed. Don't attempt to install the feature update unless all is good.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because a cleanup is part of this update, go to Update History and make sure it says unsuccessful. Also drop down to other updates and make sure the Net Framework Update installed. Don't attempt to install the feature update unless all is good.
Yes it says FAILED to install.

The Net Framwork was successfully installed on October 14.

·
27,310 Posts
Run Windows Update again. You need the Nov. Net Framework which doesn't show now. Wait for everything to download and say installed. Don't restart just because the prompt says to. Now restart (might need more than one) and all should be OK.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only update i see is Windows 10 Version 20H2 and a Driver update for RealTek Net.

·
27,310 Posts
We could go through a lot of steps, but honestly, you should just reinstall Windows.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We could go through a lot of steps, but honestly, you should just reinstall Windows.
There are alot of personal things on this computer. It'll be hard to reinstall with the schedule that i have. I'm rarely home. I think we can go through step by step.

I'm ready.

·
27,310 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Windows 10 Version 20H2

What update is this? It says it's the next version of windows and available.

·
27,310 Posts
Yes.

·
27,310 Posts
Looks like total reinstall of Windows will have to be done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts