Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started getting redirect pop-ups that open up in a whole new web browser. In that browser you can hit the backspace history and see many other redirect sites, like it opened up 5 pop-ups in a row. There is a new pop-up EVERY time I try opening a new website and they don't stop. Here is an example > I have tried everything from virus scans to spy-bot and they haven't gotten any better. Please help me, I have no idea what else to do. Also, my background is an old picture of mine that has been tiled on its own. When I go to properties > desktop, the word background is shaded and it won't allow me to click on another background to change it. Here is my HiJackThis Log.......

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:09:33 PM, on 11/14/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\Gcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
c:\progra~1\Support.com\client\bin\tgcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\OdHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\NICServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xfgudykn.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\KRISCR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ebay.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\userinit.exe
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {11A69AE4-FBED-4832-A2BF-45AF82825583} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZTgServerSwitch] c:\program files\support.com\client\lserver\server.vbs
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bszsbubm] regsvr32 /u "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\bszsbubm.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] Atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [f44ea7d5] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\spricbat.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Wireless-G Notebook Adapter.lnk = C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\Gcc.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.avsystemcare.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.gomyhit.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.imageservr.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.virusschlacht.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.avsystemcare.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.gomyhit.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.imageservr.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.virusschlacht.com (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1194931228221
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: DomainService - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\xfgudykn.exe
O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\508\g2aservice.exe" Start=service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: NICSer_WPC54G - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\NICServ.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
Hello and Welcome. Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

You appear to have no active AntiVirus program installed. Why is this?

I need more information before continuing, please. If you still require assistance with your issue, and since it has been a few days since you first posted, please do this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are using an outdated version of HijackThis. Please uninstall from Add/Remove programs, and delete your current version.

Next, download HijackThis to your desktop

Alternate link

Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis

Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.

When it does, just close it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  1. Close all applications and windows.
  2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  3. When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
  4. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
  5. Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simply
  1. Click the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
  2. copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:
    C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt
  3. Click Upload.
What DSS will do:
  • create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
  • clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
  • check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.