Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a new sony crx185A1(32x). I have no better burn performance with it as I did with my old sony crx100e(4x). It takes ~14 mintues to do a disc copy directly from dvd to cd-rw without error checking. I have adjusted all bclip settings for quickest burn.
I removed my old sony drive and replaced it with the crx185a1. The DVD that shares the IDE port is master and the sony is the slave.
I run win98se on a AMD-k7 processor @ 649MHZ. motherboard atx model ms-6167. The hardrive has 6 gig available after b clip software install.
I ran a performance check on the drive it is performing at 32% vs 130% of what the old drive ran at.
I have removed all old cd burn software since it did not support the new drive.
The cd properties show the drive as being a crx185e1. Could this be a problem? If it isn't what is the problem ? How can the problem be remedied? I have spent several hours researching what I thought was going to be a simple plug and play to get peak performance yet I got nothing for my money. I would like to feel better about the $150 purchase by obtaining what I set out for, Faster burning. Please help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.