Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Can someone please help me. I got the AV Care virus on my Windows XP PC (Dell) - I think I have it cleared completely - all scan's come up clean. However since then I cannot get on to the Internet - via the Web page name. I have been able to log onto to the router - ping the site e.g. www.google.com - this returns an Ipaddress - when I enter this IP address in the address bar - the google site appears. However if I type www.google.com .. it can't find the page.
When I do ping www.google.com at the cmd prompt - again it doesn't resolve theh name - doesn't give me any IP indormation back.
Yahoo.com does like wise - but when I have the page up - if I hit any links - it just falls over. I have tried EVERYTHING .. but to no avail. Can anyone help - I'm trying to get this fixed for over a week now !!

I have checked DNS setting - all look ok .. Obtain DNS automatically is ticked ..

·
Team Manager - Networking, Moderator - Hardware
19,855 Posts
Open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /all". That will show all of your IP and config settings, including the DNS servers in use. You can then see if your PC is pulling any DNS server information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.