Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved my computer from my living room into my bedroom yesterday, and now I cannot connect to the internet (I am currently connected through a friends wireless). I do not know the exact type of system, but my phone is connected through my router, and that is working fine. I did not have any problems until after I moved last night.

My Router is a Motorola SBV5121, and my wireless hub is a Linksys WRT54G2. My ISP is TKS, an ISP for American Military Members based in Germany. It runs through Deutsche Telekom.

My Connection is hard-wired through the following route:

Wall->Router->Wireless Hub->Computer

I was able to get internet wirelessly on my laptop for a couple of hours last night, but it crapped out.

ipconfig /renew does nothing. I am getting a DHCP error on my Desktop (Windows XP Pro SP3) when I try to renew the IP on there. My IP will not even release on my laptop (Vista Home Premium SP2), as it says something along the lines of needing elevation.

I have tried connecting straight form my router to my laptop with a hardline with no luck.

I will give you any info you need, but mind you I am on my laptop, and any info from my desktop might take a little bit depending on what you are asking for.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,366 Posts
Can you connect the laptop to the router with a wired connection and get a connection? I'm asking because we need to know if this is a problem with the ISP/router or the individual computer.

Have you tried power cycling the router and WAP?

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,366 Posts
If nothing connects through the modem/router, I'd have to suspect either the router has a problem or the ISP is down. Have you contacted the ISP?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.