Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been using a hotspot wifi with my Windows 7 computer for several months now. The hotspot requires login, the redirect is automatic. This morning I tried to connect and it says This site can’t be reached www.hotspots.de took too long to respond. I tried connecting with my phone, everything is working fine. I've tried connecting my computer to another (slower and weaker signal) hotspot which does not require login in, works fine.

I've done a troubleshoot on the network, it came out with the following message:

resource (www.hotspots.de) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 433, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable.
Windows couldn't find any problems with the firewall on your computer.

I'm using avast. I tried switching off all the shields, made no difference.
Also, if it is the antivirus that is blocking my connection, why is it only blocking this particular hotspot, while I can still connect to other much more inferior one and browse the web?
I work at home using the internet so it's imperative for me to have a good connection. I might be using a lot of data, and it's a public hotspot, so it made me suspect that they might have blocked me from that particular hotspot? Is it even a technical possibility?

Please help!

Arthur

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Sorry for the late response.

Your post is a little confusing. If you are getting that error message then you are certainly connected to the WiFi hot spot.

Please first try this. Disconnect your computer from the wireless hotspot completely (not turn of the wireless adaptor with a switch or from the software) select the Hot Spot connection in question and click disconnect. Also remove any profiles you have that list it or have setting for it.

Reboot your machine.

It should not we listed as an available connection but if you have done this properly you should NOT connect to it automatically.

Reconnect to it now and see what happens.

Report back to us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.