Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey to everyone...i am new here..
so, my problem is the following: I have a desktop pc and a laptop connected via a modem router speedtouch 530. as fas as i can see there are no firewalls active, and one pc can ping the other. the problem is that whereas the laptop can access the sharedfiles from the desktop, the desktop cannot do the same thing with the shared files from the laptop. so i cannot transfer files from laptop to the desktop... moreover i need use the dvd writer from the desktop so as to back up files from the laptop..nero crusses when i drag n drop them (the only way so as the desktop sees files from laptop, is to go from start->run->\\ip\foldername)

any help appriciated...
thnx

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
What are the exact symptoms when you try to access the laptop, and what version/patch level of Windows is on the laptop? Is this wired or wireless?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
both computers use windows xp professional. the desktop is connected via usb cable to the modem-router and the laptop via a utp cable toy the router again..
the problem is that the desktop cannot see the shared documents of the laptop (the folder shareddocuments from the laptop it isn;t even shown) and it cannot access it from the mshome workgroup neither, though it sees it.. laptop Can access shared documents of the desktop. i use static ip's to ping each other, and both of them do so...the only way to move documents is to copy them to the shared documents of the desktop...bur this takes a lloooooot of time.....

so...any ideas?

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
What is the make/model of the modem? Can you ping both ways by name?

Let's see this for each machine:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.